Bananas and raspberries are my two current fruit obsessions! I have recently started full time work so I am desperately trying to whip up stuff to take to work to avoid spending all my money on for the most part, mediocre pastries and desserts. So here were born these delectable banana and raspberry muffins!
It’s kind of freaky when you’re out at a canteen or smallish shop and you see packaged baked goods with over a week’s expiry on them. Who really knows the extra stuff they’re putting in to preserve them. Homemade is always best and even though we live in a such a crazy busy and sometimes overly hectic society, it’s always nice to take some time out to be more aware of the things you are consuming because at the end of the day, it will help your body perform so much better.
Okay so enough life inspo talk for today…onward to the recipe! This recipe only contains 7 ingredients! Most of them are standard pantry staples so hopefully you have everything you need to whip these up! Kept these dairy free because of bod so here we go!
Banana Raspberry Muffins (yields 6)
What you’re going to need
1 cup self raising flour
1/4 cup non dairy milk (rice, oat, soy)
2 tablespoons Nuttelex (or other non dairy butter substitute)
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 overripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- In a bowl, sift the flour and then mix in the sugar.
- Combine all wet ingredients (egg, butter, milk) in a small bowl. Pour in with the dry ingredients and add mashed bananas.
- Mix well and ensure mix is completely uniform before adding raspberries.
- In a muffin tray (sprayed with cooking spray or use patty pans), add even amounts of mixture into each spot. (I like my muffin quite big but you could spread the mix to make 8-10 smaller muffins)
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Leave in the tray for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.