It has come around to that time again where I am stuck with a bunch of overripe bananas. Of course this is not problematic in the slightest because now I get to play around with ingredients in order to create some more delicious baked goods for the house! Bananas….check! Peanut butter…check! Sweet baked goods….check! A very simple chuck everything in one bowl recipe and you’re good to go! This recipe is dairy free and egg free!
PB Banana Muffins (yields 6 medium sized muffins)
What you’re going to need
2 overripe bananas, mashed
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup soy milk
1 tablespoon Nuttelex, melted (or dairy free spread of choice)
2 tablespoon peanut butter (leave aside extra for topping)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celcius. Line or grease your muffin tray.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour and add the sugar. Stir until combined
- Add all the other ingredients and mix well until combined. (you can use a wooden spoon for this)
- Fill each muffin tin until level and all batter is used.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean from the centre
- Optional: pipe on some additional peanut butter for an extra flavour hit.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days