Today, my challenge was to create a nutritious yet delicious granola using only ingredients that I had available at home. Granola is quite a genius creation as you can throw whatever you like in the mix and it will most likely still taste fabulous. The granola that I have created is vegan and refined sugar free!
Chocolate and Coconut Granola (makes 2 cups)
What you’re going to need
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1/3 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon cacao powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons Nuttelex Olive Spread (dairy free)
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees
2. In a medium bowl, mix the oats, coconut and walnuts
3. In a small saucepan on a low heat, melt the olive spread and then add the maple syrup, vanilla extract and cacao powder. Stir away until combined and smooth.
4. Pour the wet mix over the dry ingredients and stir until all the dry mix is evenly coated.
5. Spread the mix evenly over a lined baking tray. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, use a spatula to toss the mixture around before placing back in the oven. Bake for another 10 minutes until fragrant.
6. Store in an airtight container for up to a week!