Not going to lie, sweet potato is on permanent rotation in my kitchen. Fries, mash, accompaniment to salad… you name it. Substitute base for corn chips in your nachos? Heck yes!
This is a great light meal option or something for entertaining (small gatherings only people, keep safe).
Sweet Potato Nachos (serves 2)
What you’re going to need
1 large sweet potato, evenly sliced into circles
150g mince (whatever type suits your fancy)
1 clove garlic
1/2-1 teaspoon cumin
1/2-1 teaspoon paprika
1/2-1 teaspoon oregano
1/2-1 teaspoon onion powder
salt and pepper to season
50g grated cheese
handful cherry tomatoes, chopped
sour cream to serve
- On a lined baking tray, lay out the sweet potato, drizzle with oil and lightly salt. Bake in the oven at 180 c for 20 mins or until cooking through
- Whilst the potato is baking, prep the mince mixture. In a fry pan, heat up some olive oil on a high heat. Once hot, add the mince to brown off.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, add the garlic, herbs and spices (cumin, paprika, oregano, onion powder, salt and pepper). Also add 1/2 cup water. Stir well and leave to simmer.
- Once potatoes are cooked through, place in a oven proof tray/dish. Top with the cooked mince and cheese. Place back in the oven until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with sour cream and fresh tomatoes. Splurge and get some guac too if you’re feeling it, why not.